1) LIVE CAKE COMPETITION ON STAGE
- A 3 tier wedding cake, the bottom 2 tiers must be dummy and the 3 rd tier must be a real cake.
- Competitors are allowed to work on their cakes in advance. The final touch ups to be done on
- The cake sizes must be 6 inch, 8 inch and 10 inch.
2) ROYAL ICING TECHNIQUES
- Two tier dummy cake
- Masked with royal icing
- Competitors are allowed to design their own cake using the following basic techniques but not limited to the following
- Coating, templates and scroll borders
- Run out colours flow collars
- Motifs extension & lace design
- Brush embroidery
- Australian string work
3) AFRICAN JEWELRY & FASHION (African prints)
- Must be a 3 tier cake 6 inch, 8 inch & 10 inch
- It can be a real cake or a combination of real and dummy.
- Pictures of jewelry pieces and fashion outfits will be provided for inspiration.
- Competitors are strictly urged to use the pictures provided for inspiration when designing
- The sizes of the cakes are provided for guidelines only but competitors are allowed to use
different shapes and techniques if required.
4) CURVED CAKES
Participants must use real cakes.
Participants are allowed to curve different designs but not limited to:
- Cartoon characters
- Fashion handbags
- Architectural structures/ building
NB: bring your creativity to life.
- Chef Ali Mahandry
- Chef Raphael
- Pastry Chef & Cake Designer – Johra A. Salmin
- How to cover a cake with fondant and demonstration of silicon moulds.
- How to make a gumpaste rose
- How to whip and mask a cake with whipping cream and decorating it with chocolate cage decoration.